Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Welcome to Grade 3

Hello and welcome. My name is Mrs. Ciampa and I am very excited to be your child’s Grade 3 teacher for this academic year. This will be my 3rd year at Assumption so I know many of your children very well already. I have degrees in Linguistics, Early Childhood Education and a Bachelor in Education.  When I'm not busy teaching, I enjoy cooking many italian dishes with my husband Joey. We share a love of Italian food including pizza, pasta and coffee. I have a passion for educational technology, global collaborations and learning about how to mindfully implement technology in my classroom. I am excited to get to share my learning with my students and enjoy watching them grow into technology experts!

We are fortunate this year to have Mrs. Maher as our Educational Assistant and Mme. Milic as our French Teacher. A reminder that our daily school schedule has changed this year. We begin school at 9:15 and finish at 3:45.  Our School has a Walking School Bus, if interested please contact the school. Healthy snacks and lunches are preferred each day. Students should have 2 healthy snacks and a hearty lunch to enjoy each day. Students are encouraged to help make their own lunches each night! A reminder that students are welcome to visit our Breakfast Program each morning starting at 9:00am. 

This year in Grade 3 students will prepare for EQAOWe will work on practice questions throughout the year to get ready. We will be practising quiet entry, including modelling how to read silently (DEAR time) and brain snack math problems to begin our day! Students will be encouraged to continue using their agenda to keep organized and to demonstrate their responsibility by completing homework on a nightly basis. Raz Kids and Dreambox online learning will be available again this year. More details including Homework information will be sent home soon.

Our class is in need of the following items: Kleenex (tissue), Plastic Spoons and Ziploc bags (large and small). If you have any to donate, please send some to school with you child. Many thanks in advance!


Important Grade 3 tips:
-Read our Blog daily and follow along our Tweets for up to date information on what we are learning and inquiries we are exploring. Take the time to explore our Blog for helpful tips and links
-Students are encouraged to read books at their just right level each night.
-Students will be responsible to use their AGENDA to keep organized. I encourage them to check it each night to complete homework or to return important school information in a timely manner.
-In Grade 3, students are encouraged to work on 30 minutes of homework each night. This may include reading, writing or math drills.
-Great News: Raz Kids and Dreambox access will be sent home soon. These sites are perfect to help your child practice their reading or math skills. 

I am excited to meet you at our Open House and BBQ next week on Thursday September 17th. I have a class magnet that I'd like to share with each of you when we meet in person in Room 222. 

Yours in Education,

Mrs. Ciampa


2 comments:

  1. Thank you Mrs.Ciampa for welcoming Daniel to your class! He was excited to tell us all about today! We look forward to this school year! Nakummek - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ms. Suarak. I am so happy to hear that he had a great day! It was really nice to meet you and Daniel today. I look forward to seeing you again next week at our BBQ!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.